A very warm Tasmanian welcome to all, especially new players and those playing Poimena Reserve disc golf course for the first time.
The Two Heads Open is a singles stroke-play tournament, running over two days. There are divisions to suit players of all skill levels and ages, including beginners and juniors.
All players get two rounds of 18-holes on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The climax to the tournament is the 9-hole Mens Open Division Final on Sunday afternoon. In the final, expect to see four of Australia’s leading players battle it out for the Two Heads Open title.
- 3 rounds of disc golf at one of Australia’s finest courses
- meet and play with some of Australia’s leading players
- all players in recreational and junior divisions automatically enter free prize draw to win one of 4 x $25 vounchers to spend with Discology.
- for PDGA members, your round scores will go towards your player rating
- lunch at the course on Saturday and Sunday
- membership to Australian Disc Golf inc (the national governing body)
- opportunity to browse Tasmania’s largest selection of disc golf equipment, care of Discology
- event insurance
- the promise of an excellent weekend
- entry fee (2 days): Amateur players $45 | Pros $75 | Juniors (U18) $30
- entry fee (1 day): Amateurs and Pros $30 | Juniors (U18) $20
Players are encouraged to register their entry in advance. This is easily done by completing the online registration form. For latecomers, registrations will be accepted on the Saturday morning of the tournament, so long as there are places available.
Paying the tournament entry fee
Players are encouraged to pay in advance. All players who pay in advance automatically qualify for a free prize draw to win a $25 voucher from Discology.
Payments can be made online by credit card, by Paypal or by electronic funds transfer. Pay entry fee now
Players can also pay cash on arrival at the tournament, but we’d rather you pay in advance and you miss out of the chance to win $25 Discology voucher!
Trophies, prizes and cash to win
All division winners will be rewarded with prizes or cash.
Prizes will be presented in all divisions.
Professional players win cash. The payout to be confirmed.
The Two Heads Disc Golf Open is part of the Australian Disc Golf (ADG) National Tour. It is classified as an ADG ‘A-Tier’ event.
Two Heads Open is also a PDGA ‘C-Tier’ event.
Players should choose a player division suited to their experience and level of play. This tournament and all ADG National Tour events follow PDGA’s player division guidelines.
PDGA player division guidelines
Ask a tournament officer if uncertain.
Players must use PDGA approved discs (list of approved discs) and the tournament follows PDGA rules. Golf discs can be purchased or borrowed at the tournament. Assistance with the rules will be provided.
Amenities at the course
- Free car parking
- Shopping centre and food outlets within walking distance of course
- BBQs, picnic tables and shade shelters at the course
- Toilets and drinking water at the course
The main players party will take place on the Saturday night. The venue will be announced closer to the day. The cost of the dinner is not included in the tournament entry fee.